Significance International helps organisations manage their heritage attributes for the long-term.
Whether items and places are historical or contemporary, we can assist by assessing for significance and / or preservation needs, and by proposing appropriate management strategies. These approaches enable more accurate characterisations of collections and places, thereby helping organisations towards targeted collection and site development / rationalisation goals.
At launch in September 2010 our regional, national and international services included:
- significance assessment of items and collections
- preservation needs assessment of collections
- training in significance assessment
- training in risk assessment
- strategic planning for collections by organisation, location, region, state/territory, nation
- collection development advice
- thematic and typological surveys of collections
- investigation of your specific cultural heritage research questions
In 2011 and 2013 our offerings expanded into a wide range of place-based and Indigenous heritage services, delivered by an impressive range of SI Associates.
to read about our full service offerings.