Collecting organisations now have to account for all the resources they expend on managing their collections.
Significance International helps heritage organisations and places approach their cultural and scientific collections in different ways, and plan for their long-term sustainability.
Whether items are historical or contemporary, we can assist by assessing for significance and/or preservation needs. These techniques enable more accurate descriptions of collections, and help organisations work towards targeted collection and site development.
At launch in September 2010 our regional, national and international services include:
- significance assessment of items and collections
- preservation needs assessment of collections
- training in significance assessment
- training in risk assessment
- strategic planning for collections by organisation, location, region, state/territory, nation
- collection development advice
- thematic and typological surveys of collections
- investigation of your specific cultural heritage research questions
to read about our other service offerings.